Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you take a look for me please?    

Could you take a look for me please?

mary-butterfly
Brazil

Could you take a look for me please?

IS IT RIGHT? I �m not sure about the prepositions or if it is right.I have to send it to a friend..

"The objective of this research is,based on analysis of legislation.doctrine and jurisprudence,,identify in the composition of labor journey and in the several ways this be extended, the barriers that prevent the realization of the fundamental right to work.In the end,discussing about the current situation of Brazilian worker and the actual time devoted to work,as well as the cost of the overtime represents to the system and to the society"

15 Apr 2010      

lshorton99
China

The majority of problems in your translation relate to the use of the definite article and occasional word forms. I �m also not sure what you mean by �labour journey � so I �ve highlighted it - do you mean the physical journey to work or the career path?

�The objective of this reseach is, based on an analysis of legislation, doctrine and jurisprudence, to identify within the composition of the labour journey, and in the several ways this is extended, the barriers that prevent the realisation of the fundamental right to work. In addition, it will discuss the  current situation of the Brazilian worker and the actual time devoted to work, as well as what the cost of overtime represents to the system and to society. �

Hope this is useful to you!

15 Apr 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

I hope your punctuation isn �t messed up?? There is no , between is(,)based. So you should know you should check your punctuation. I hope you don �t mind, the easiest thing is just to write what I would say, 

I would write:
"The objective of this research is based on analysis of legislation, doctrine and jurisprudence to identify the composition of (the) labor journey and in the several ways this is extended, (and) the barriers that prevent the realization of the fundamental right to work.  In the end, discussing the current situation of the Brazilian worker and the actual time devoted to work; as well as the cost of the overtime it represents to the system and to the society"

I �m not sure of what "labor journey" means, but if it represents a path, then I would say "the labour journey". I �m not sure if labour journey and a barrier follow. I said (and) but if you are on a labour journey then what is the barrier to work? You are working if you �re on a labour journey, unless I don �t know in what sense the labour journey is a barrier. It sounds like people are working (alot!).

I hope this helps, but I am only one voice.  Good luck with your revision.
Best regards,
Belles

15 Apr 2010     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

THANKS SO MUCH KISSES FROM BRAZIL

15 Apr 2010