Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Bullying    

Bullying

anamb7
Argentina

Bullying

Hi people,
I need some help!
This week I have been working on a
project about BULLYING with my twelve year-old pupils, and today I took them to the virtual library to see the following video, which is really moving and I highly recommend:

Ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNumIY9D7uY&feature=fvst

When we went back to the class, they did some oral and written comprehension exercises I had prepared for them to analyse the video.

Now, it �s your turn: Does anyone know the background music? My pupils really loved it!!!

I �d like to know
either the song title or who the singer is so that I can get the lyrics and prepare some exercises for my kids in order to work on it next week. I promise that, once I have finished, I will upload it to this site.

Thanks!!!
Ana

16 Apr 2010      

lshorton99
China

The song is �Still fighting it � by Copeland. The lyrics are widely available!

16 Apr 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

You can visit www.lyricsdomain.com I hope it can be useful for you ok?
Bego�a  :-)

16 Apr 2010     

anamb7
Argentina

Thanks! It really is. You �ve saved me! 

16 Apr 2010     

Hazza
Australia

My computer will not open this youtube video link to view it. Says it does not know the program. Any suggestions as to how to view it??
Hazza

16 Apr 2010     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Ana, what a video!!! I �ve been dealing with the topic but with older sts and I believe I �ll show it to them as well. You �re right the background music adds a lot to the video. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
Hazza, don �t you have old flash? Maybe you need to upgrade it. The same thing happened to me & the message appeared in a pop-up window... Good luck! Fabiola :o)

16 Apr 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I just bookmarked that video for future use great!!!
ty for the link.Thumbs Up

ty anamb7!!!!!!!

Hazza
Australia

My computer will not open this youtube video link to view it. Says it does not know the program. Any suggestions as to how to view it??
Hazza
Dear Hazza, Youtube is upgrading.

Perhaps you need internet explorer 8 and a recent flash player. I had a similar problem. Apart from that, I have no idea.

16 Apr 2010     

Hazza
Australia

JUST REALIZED THERE IS A CAPITAL I IN FRONT OF THE LINK AND THAT IS WHY IT DID NOT WORK!!!

16 Apr 2010     

frenchfrog
France

Hello, Ana!

I am preparing a  project on cyberbullying for my students because there was one case in my school unfortunately. I am using the video you mentioned. I really love it. By the way, you can get the lyrics here: Site 1 - Site 2 (and also video 1 - video 2)

I also found other resources that might interest you and your students:
- a short video on bullying (not cyberbullying) which I also love a lot (I think the boy is really cute and the teenager quite smart): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWJut7KQhI4

- the story of Megan Meier is also terrible. You can find many YouTube videos on what happened to her. Here is a page dedicated to her on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Meier

and there is also the story of Ryan Halligan: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Ryan_Halligan (+ video)

I have many other links, so, if you are interested, just let me know.

And if your students are old enough, you can also talk about "sexting" (video)

16 Apr 2010     

anamb7
Argentina

Thanks dear colleagues for being so nice to me.I �m happy that �my � video turned out to be so useful, specially because the topic is so worrying and we, teachers, are obliged to fight against this terrible problem that exists in every school.
Hugs

16 Apr 2010