Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > dear people    

dear people

mabevi
Chile

dear people

Can you answer me this question: how many states there are in USA? 50 or 51? THANKS A LOT!! Tongue

17 Apr 2010      

banska bystrica
Slovakia

mabevi,

This is quite easy to check on google  Wink, there are 50 states to my knowledge,  but you can have a look here (and count LOL)

http://www.50states.com/

17 Apr 2010     

mabevi
Chile

My question is not a joke O.K?... If you want to answer questions good... but don�t do jokes.... is not funny Thumbs Down

17 Apr 2010     

yanogator
United States

17 Apr 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

There are 50 states! don �t get mad...why do you think there might be 51?

17 Apr 2010     

mabevi
Chile

for this information: http://www.luventicus.org/mapas/estadosunidos.html (it says: 51 regiones (50 estados + 1 distrito federal) so I get a little bit confused for this information... I knew there are 50... but I was a little confused...
Thank for your help!!

17 Apr 2010     

libertybelle
United States

You shouldn �t be so fast to judge people.
Banska wasn �t making fun of you.

To really understand a language you need to understand its humor.

L

18 Apr 2010     

arlissa
United States

We have 50 states, and 1 territory. The territory, Puerto Rico, has limited governmental inclusion with the USA. For example, a person born in Puerto Rico is a USA citizen, but that person cannot vote in the presidential elections unless they reside in one of the 50 states. There are many strange things about the way the USA "owns" Puerto Rico and there have been several times that it has been suggested that Puerto Rico become an official state. 

18 Apr 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Arlissa,�

thank you for this Puerto Rico information

18 Apr 2010     

maryfiji
Fiji

What about Guam and the Federates States of Micronesia? Aren �t they territories too?

18 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

No matter what, you can always find out how many states there are by counting the white stars on the flag. 

18 Apr 2010