Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP NEEDED WITH LAYOUT OF A PRINTABLE    

HELP NEEDED WITH LAYOUT OF A PRINTABLE

GIOVANNI
Canada

HELP NEEDED WITH LAYOUT OF A PRINTABLE

Can anyone help me with a problem I have been having?
Yesterday, I uploaded a worksheet and noticed that the top and bottom margins were not the same as my original worksheet.  There is about a one inch gap which should not be there.  I increased the border by making it thicker, changed my set up and  uploaded it once again.  The new worksheet once agained appeared the same, with a one inch gap on bottom and top.  Once the worksheet is downloaded it is correct.

I have been having this problem with several of my worksheets.  Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem.

On many of my previous worksheets I did not have this problem.

18 Apr 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

That is because of the preview nothing to do with how you do the ws. Let me tell you also that the margins will be different for all users depending on their printer capabilities. so maybe you set a margin to, let �s say 1.5 but if my printer doesnt support that i will have to fix the margins. in other words do not worry about that.

18 Apr 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks a lot for the information it was useful.  I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong and there was a way to rectify this.

18 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi Nancy!

You could also try this. Go to Format, Page border, then click Options and set the Up and Down margins to zero (0), Measuring (Counting) from the edge of the page. I hope it makes sense (my Word programme is in Greek).

Hope it helps.

18 Apr 2010