Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > how can one disable the private messenger?    

how can one disable the private messenger?

MarionG
Netherlands

how can one disable the private messenger?

Someone mentioned that it is possible to disable the PM. Can anyone explain to me how? My PM doesn �t work (I cannot receive messages) and I am afraid people send me messages and subsequently consider me rude for not answering whereas Ii simply never receive any of the messages sent. I have contacted Victor several times about it but never received a response. I think it might be best for me to disable the faulty PM in order to avoid misunderstandings. I listed my email under my avatar so I can still be contacted.

19 Apr 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Marion,

I believe that when I registered I was asked if I wanted to use the private messenger. You can block users by clicking on a link on the left when you are inside the messenger.

However, even in the "edit my account" section, I have not found a way to enable the messenger function.

19 Apr 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi Marion! I �m really sorry to hear that your pb hasn �t been solved.
It would be such a pity to disable your pm though! Please try what I �ve suggested before... Change your username. Did you ever try?
If not, please try and let us know...
Love,
Aimee

19 Apr 2010     

johanne23232
Israel

Hi Marion, It seems to me I read here once that the line (underscore) in your name is what seems to upset the pm (Marion_g) Like Aimee says, give it a try.......
Happy Independence day to all our Israeli colleagues.
Johanne

19 Apr 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Aimee and johanne,
What happens when I change my username? Does it stay the same account? Will my printables still stay in the same place? Will they all show up under the new name or do they stay with the old one? Will my points stay mine even if I change the name?
In the past I have checked if there was no empty space after the g or something as Aimee suggested at the time but that seemed to be OK. I didn �t try to change the name alltogether, it �s a bit scary. You suggest to take out the underscore altogether? If you can assure me my prinables will stay I will give that a chance..

19 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!
I tried to send you a message, please check if it is in you inbox. If it is there, I have a clue about how to solve the problem... if it �s not, well...

19 Apr 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

No Zailda,
thanks for the effort but there is nothing there. Aimee checked this a few times as well (that is actually why I now for sure that it doesn �t work.. I thought it simply wasn �t a very often used tool until Aimee mailed me telling me she had sent messages before..)
I did notice now for the first time there is a spelling mistake.. on the side it says �messeger � rather than �messenger � I assume that is the same for everyone?

19 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

Yes, Marion, it �s the same for me (messeger); my PM works though.

edit: I think you should try changing your user name. Other people have done it and there was no problem. Besides, you don�t create a new account, you just change some information about your current account. Therefore, normally you can�t lose your printables or your points. 

19 Apr 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Marion, everything will stay the same if you change your name, don �t worry! I �ve changed mine a few months ago and a few other people have done the same. You can keep your name, just write it differently. Good Luck!

Your new name will be on your page, on your w/s and on all the comments (just like when you change your pic)

Before you do it, log out then log in again, remove the v on "remember me" ... it�s safer.
Change your name, close the site then open it again.

Btw, what are you doing tonight? Is there anything interesting in the center? Hope to get an answer by pm soon! I �ll stick around! I �m confident it will work!

19 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Yes Marion, try changing your name.  Plenty of others have done it with no problem.  If something happens I�m sure Victor will rectify it (even though I know you say that he hasn�t looked at your PM problem).

If the name change doesn�t work you can always change it back to marion_g.

Why don�t you just change it to MarionG or mariong.  Remember to not add any spaces after the final letter.

I just changed mine from Jayho to Jaywho just like that and everything is still there.

Go on, give it a go.

Good luck Thumbs Up

19 Apr 2010     

victor
Spain

Hello,

Sorry for not having solved your problem before.

I also think it will work if you change your username. You can try with no risk.

19 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >