Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > The best statistics I have ever seen.    

The best statistics I have ever seen.

blunderbuster
Germany

The best statistics I have ever seen.

Hans Rosling

19 Apr 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

and...?

19 Apr 2010     

Hazza
Australia

here is the site to use it. I have used it with students.
http://www.gapminder.org/

19 Apr 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Thanks, Hazza.  

19 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Regina
thanks a lot, really amazing - not only the presentation ( I wish I could do that kind of presentations, in my lessons Big smile ), but the whole amount of super important information that, I think, common people, like me, don �t have. My country Embarrassed always demands tons of papers  with tons of what is supposed to be extremely useful info. Then, let us say, some ten years later, may be we get the results ... just to throw them the bin.

Thanks for leaving this post, though I don �t consider it important as an ESL, LOL, for my poor kids - they already  have some difficulty when we have to speak about different currencies, so,, ehehehe, what if I dared to show them this jewel.

Anyway, this is what this forum is for - to share what may be important for many of us, depending on what each one of us needs. I thank you, because I loved it, and I learned  with it.
linda

19 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thanks Hazza and thank Olinda,

I am teaching presentations in my C1-level class. Hans Rosling is a non-native speaker but speaks really good English, as do most Scandinavians. I thought that this link could be used as an example in several respects.

Regards

20 Apr 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

I use Celine Dion as an example of how well it is possible to speak English as a send language.

20 Apr 2010