Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I nead help    

I nead help

miss noor
Palestine

I nead help

Hi,

I want to write a message for my students. They are about to finish school. They are 18.
I want to write nice message but I don �t have any idea 

Do you have any idea , message , nice words .........??

Thanks a lot in advance,
Miis Noor

21 Apr 2010      

jennybohmes
Argentina

Here you can find very nice ideas:

http://www.canteach.ca/elementary/songspoems56.html

21 Apr 2010     

priorita
Ukraine

Dear Noor,
personally I think that you should write first of all what you feel, the words must go from your heart. I remember my school teacher �s last message of this kind, it is so soul-stirring.

You may write what they have taught you (it might be very interesting both for you while recalling and for them when they read it). 

Your intention is really touching and great. I want your students to appreciate it.

21 Apr 2010     

xiaokugua
China

Dear Noor,

I think this is a important period for your students.They are about to leave you. So you could teach something about their whole life.How to live and work for their motherland is a deep topic.They may recognize this message for long time .
I am just a college student,i have just graduated from senior school.I have never forget my last class .
So I wish you can make it.

21 Apr 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

love your idea, priorita!

21 Apr 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Hi Miss Noor,

I don �t know the age of your students. So I hope you will find my advice useful. I recommend that you check out this site, http://www.graduationwisdom.com . Here is a small sample of what you will find. This is from a commencement speech given by Michael Uslan a Hollywood movie producer (he made "Batman".) He was addressing the graduating class of 2006 at Indiana University...

Follow whatever your passion may be in life and do something you love. My father was a mason starting at age 16 when he left school to help his family survive the Depression, until he was 80. His whole life, he worked six days a week no matter how hot or how cold out it was. He was an old world artist� a craftsman who created magnificent fireplaces and homes out of bricks and stones. Every morning of my childhood, I saw my Dad hop out of bed before dawn, eager to get to work and do what he loved. Even then, I knew that was what I wanted in life� to be able to wake up on a rainy Monday morning and say, �I can�t wait to get to work!� I had to find my own bricks and stones. For me, that�s movies and comics. Today, I challenge you to find yours.

If there�s one quotation that sums up my journey through life and the choices I�ve made, it�s the closing lines of a poem by Robert Frost, which I now pass along to you:

�I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I---
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.�

Hope it helps!

21 Apr 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Last time advanced students of mine left school I printed the following onto beautiful coloured cardboard for every one of them, added a sentence or two saying that I wished them ALL OF THESE and a deeply fulfilled life, signed it, rolled it up and put a couple of nice matching ribbons around them and gave one to every one as a goodbye present.

The following sentences appeal strongly to me both because of their wonderful deep meaning, because of the "character challenge" they are and because of their wit and linguistic sharpness (oops, three reasons here, not two ;-))
The title of the document is:

Inspirational definitions

Focus

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you fail to focus on your goals.

Competition

Whoever said �It �s not whether you win or lose that counts�, probably lost.

Perseverance

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but a matter of will.

Passion

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart ... pursue those.

Risk

You can �t reach your goals without occasionally taking some long shots.

Success

Some people dream of success ... while others wake up and work hard at it

Opportunity

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.

Desire

Some people want it to happen, some wish it to happen ... others make it happen.

Commitment

Commitment is a line you cross ... it is the difference between dreaming and doing.

Diversity

Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common ... celebrate it every day.

Imagination

A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Courage

Do not follow where the path may lead ... go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Believe/Succeed

The key to happiness is having dreams ... the key to success is making dreams come true.

21 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Wonderful, Dorothea, thank you very much!

21 Apr 2010