Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A bit disgusted    

A bit disgusted

lovinglondon
Spain

A bit disgusted

Dear friends,
3 days ago I uploaded a WS on "Too & not ...either". It contained 2 words in Spanish, �cause it was aimed to my younger students in 1st ESO (12 years old). I promise that there were just two words in spanish which corresponded to the translations of "too" and "not...either". I told so in the description and said that they were fully editable just in case the teachers wanted to translate the meanings into their language.
To my surprise, it has been removed....explanation....it contains 2 words in Spanish. GOSH!!!! I said the reason and I also said they were totally editable even deletable if you didn �t want them!!!

I know the rules say the WS must be in English. I accept the rules and I accept that my WS has been removed. Anyway, I �m a bit disgusted...it is inevitable. I will try to delete those words and upload it again.

Have a good Sunday.

25 Apr 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear lovinglondon,

That �s really ridiculous!! I do understand your feelings, however, there will always be people who want to be holier than the pope... ;))

Knowing that, I suggest that you never try to upload a ws which contains just one or two words in L1 again - with or without explanations. We won �t change people, so just let it be and upload the ws anew.

Hope you �re still having a relaxing Sunday - topolina

25 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Angry

Hello,
yes, you are right, some people never learn.

Have a nice Sunday
linda

25 Apr 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Thank you for your understandings dear friends. I will re-upload them again, but anyway I still have a bad taste in my mouth.

25 Apr 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
I think that it would realy be nice to discuss a little bit the rules again. Latly I have been surprised that realy excellent worksheets with some words in an other language have been reported and removed, when it �s very easy to delete those few words. The rule says that worksheets must be in English, but in my opinion that means that you can �t give directions and whole exercises in an other language.  Many teachers have to adapt their worksheets to their students needs and change things. I almost always change something. On the other hand, very very poor worksheets with a title and a picture  are considerd English resources , four pasted pictures without any English word are considered a set of flashcards. I now we are not here to judge other people �s work, but I think that a minimum of quality is necessary to maintain the site a great resource. What do you think?

25 Apr 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

I agree with you lefevre. In my case we are talking about 2 Spanish words fully editable (i didn �t make an image of them!!). In my description of the WS, I told about this. It �s very easy to delete them or even translate them in your own language just in case your students need it (like mine, for example).

I also agree that there are poor WS with 2 pictures and 3 words which are considered English resources and they are not reported. GOSH, I don �t pretend to go against those people who do that, but I would like to consider that , as lefevre says, more elaborated WS are reported and deleted with no powerful reasons.

Another thing I didn �t like about this is that I didn �t have the chance to defend myself and give my reasons for this. The administrator contacted me to say that my WS had been reported, but I could give a valid explanation or justify my WS. This is a bit unfair and frustrating, believe me.

However, I �m an optimistic and possitive woman. And although my WS has been deleted I can see all the friends and support I have in this wonderful site. THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEAR FRIENDS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

25 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

I agree with both of you ( sylvia & Eva ) ; that �s what I wrote in the reported section  : Two tiny little Spanish words ( on an editable ws ), & the ws is removed!!!!Shocked
& that �s why I voted for the ws to stay...Unhappy 
Sylvie

25 Apr 2010     

Lidiana73
Australia

Hi there lovinglondon...I totally agree with you.  When I was teaching ESL in Italy I uploaded and even used several worksheets that had Italian words.  At times it is necessary to put foreign words in a printable.  One just deletes the non-English words...I even uploaded a printable with the instruction: Translate these (Italian) sentences into English and had no complaints.  I think it �s just people with power gone to their heads.  Keep up the good work everyone and maybe as s.lefevre we may need to go over and maybe revise the rules a little.

25 Apr 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Too true..I agree with Topalina, some people are holier than the Pope.
To them I say "Get a life!"
What are a couple of small words!

However having said that I often have two versions of my worksheets

The first I send to ESl Printables with really ordinary pictures (to keep with the allowance....I �m still having trouble reducing my pictures, even compressing, using Irfanview, etc.
the second, I give to my students with cool, clear pictures.

So I guess if you have to put other languages in, delete them in the ESL Printables version.

But really guys, chill out! Don �t take it to much to heart "lovingLondon".. just feel sorry for them!
Cheers Joy

25 Apr 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Dear Eva, 
I totally agree with you and I am sorry for what happened. I am the first to report a stolen woksheet but I consider that what happened to you is some kind of meaningless �witch hunting �. I do not understand how 2 words can lead to this. Please do not be sad and upload the worksheets again because they are lovey and very useful. 
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!
Hugs,
Corina

25 Apr 2010     

plemos
Portugal

I am with you.

25 Apr 2010     

1    2    3    Next >