Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > IN MEMORY OF SILKE GRIECO, BEST KNOWN AS LADYBIRD, FROM GERMANY. HER WORKSHEETS STOLEN!!!    

IN MEMORY OF SILKE GRIECO, BEST KNOWN AS LADYBIRD, FROM GERMANY. HER WORKSHEETS STOLEN!!!

encarnara
Spain

IN MEMORY OF SILKE GRIECO, BEST KNOWN AS LADYBIRD, FROM GERMANY. HER WORKSHEETS STOLEN!!!

My dear colleagues, do you remember the ex-member Silke Grieco, known as user "Ladybird", from Germany? She made wonderful contributions to the site, but unfortunately she left the site some months ago. Well, I hope you remember her, because she was a fair and honest contributor and moderator in this site.
        The really disgusting fact is that somebody is uploading some of Silke �s worksheets as her owns. I �m talking about  the theft of the two different versions of  Silke �s  "Talking Game" in todays contributions. A lot of members have downloaded these worksheets and have congratulated the thief too. Isn �t it unfair? Not even the old members have noticed the theft. Of course, I have reported the fact and I expect that the moderators and Victor can do what is fair.

26 Apr 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear Encarna,

Ladybird IS Silke, or Topolina. Please see the forum for the respective announcements.

I have made a note in the moderator �s board about the fact that her wss were reported, even though that would probably not have been necessary. You guys are doing an amazing job back there ;o)

Have a good night everyone.

We know that you meant no harm, Encarna!

Regards

26 Apr 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hi encarna,

I suppose you haven �t read this thread about Silke �s comeback

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=18714

26 Apr 2010     

encarnara
Spain

Oh my God! I must be the last one to Know. Well, I just can say sorry for the mistake and I �m really glad she �s back here. I never understood her leaving though I respected her decision, of course.

26 Apr 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Encarnara, nothing to be sorry for. It was an honest mistake. Actually, I �m glad some people like you are trying to keep this site clean.

26 Apr 2010     

MyFairy
Argentina

Encarna, I can imagine how you felt!!!!
Well done!!! I would have done the same...

27 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I feel guilty because I asked her to reupload her wonderful games. But the moderators are voting them to stay, since no one can be acused of plagiarizing himself.

Encarna, I understand that your intention was only to protect Silke �s work and I �m sure she �ll be happy to see that even if "ladybird" is not here anymore there are many members defending her work, even against herself. LOL

Have a nice day / evening.

Hugs

Zailda

27 Apr 2010     

Anna P
Brazil

I missed the first thread and didn �t know that Silke was back.  I am really glad! Smile
It �s past 1 AM here and I was about to call it a day but I must go to the reported wss page to vote against the removal of her great games.
Heart Welcome back, Silke!

27 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi folks!! :))

Thank you sooo much for the lovely feedback and for your support... Heart

But it �s my own mistake really, isn �t it? I should have written in the description of every printable which I �ve uploaded anew so far that I �m the former user _ladybird_ who cancelled her account, but then created a new one! From now on I �ll do that!!

It �s good that we can learn from our mistakes. Wink

Have a great day, everyone!! :))))

Silke

27 Apr 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Yes it IS confusing when one has do doublecheck whether the worksheet is old and there is no point in downloading it or whether it is new. Might be a good idea to mention which worksheets are just re-appearing one after the other and which ones are new.

27 Apr 2010