Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Experienced Teachers, How Can they help Novice ESL teachers build Language Proficiency??    

Experienced Teachers, How Can they help Novice ESL teachers build Language Proficiency??

Nebal
Lebanon

Experienced Teachers, How Can they help Novice ESL teachers build Language Proficiency??

Hello dear teachers,

Novice ESL teachers are having difficulties building students � proficiency level in reading, vocabulary, and listening. In addition, the connection of reading to other language arts and content areas is unheard of.
How can experienced teachers help them face and overcome such problems?

To answer such a question, is it sufficient to include:

1- strategies and techniques used for teaching each skill
2- motivation
3- tasks

What do you think I should talk about???

I do need your own ideas and links. Anything is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks a million times!!!
Hugs,
Nebal

27 Apr 2010      

epit
Turkey

Dear Nebal ,have look your pm  please

27 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Nebal

If I was doing this assignment I would probably use the 5W +H as the triggers for my sub-headings i.e.

What - define the question

When- when does it happen - in the classroom, initial teacher training, professional development

Who - define who i.e. novice teacher, experienced teacher,  in terms of years of experience, level of teacher and TESOL training, age of students, background of students, etc

Why
- why is there a difference betwen novice and experienced teachers

Where - primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational, workplace, hobby, online

How - this is where you make recommendations based on your own ideas and research

There are a lot of journal articles on this available which you can access through your university or purchase yourself. 

Here are some ideas I found on the internet, but it �s not much.  You really need professional journals and books for this assignment.

1. Investigating Novice and Experienced ESL Teacher Differences: Implications for Teacher Training here

3. Nurturing diversity in teacher education here

Cheers 

Jayho

28 Apr 2010