Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SENDING WORKSHEET TO PEOPLE WITH 0 POINTS    

SENDING WORKSHEET TO PEOPLE WITH 0 POINTS

helenemonge
France

SENDING WORKSHEET TO PEOPLE WITH 0 POINTS

Hi everybody!

I need your help!

One teacher asked me to send him one of my worksheet. But this teacher has 0 point on his account. He didn�t make the effort of uploading his work... So I not very keen on sending him something I spent hours preparing...
I think he should upload some of his work first and have the 30 points to become a premium member so that he can download our contributions....
It�s too easy!! He asks for something, but in return, he doesn�t make any contribution to this site.
As most people on this site work, I work very hard to create worksheets that, I hope, other teachers will enjoy.
This is my point of view...

What do you think!! Do you reckon I should send it?????

Thanks anyway for your replies!

Have a nice weekend!

H�l�ne

22 Nov 2008      

sirah
Argentina

Hi Helenmonge! I think that�s it�s up to you.Personally,I wouldn�t send a printable to a person who doesn�t have a single worksheet uploaded.I think that first he/she has to do the effort to make a contribution and then he/she has the right to ask worksheet for free.

22 Nov 2008     

freddie
Canada

I think this is something you have to decide for yourself. Having said that though I remember when I registered it took about a week and then 2 weeks to try to upload my work and i was missing opportunities to download things that I wanted to use. Perhaps this teacher is trying to upload but can�t!

In addition, whenever a teacher needs my help in my community, I help, I share without asking for something in return knowing that when I need help I can ask too. Of course if someone asks too often or too much I refuse but one request is just one request. This is a larger community of teachers but still a community.

I hope this helps

Freddie

22 Nov 2008     

arashe
Colombia

hi helen,

I think u could share a ws with this person in this way u could encourage him to start making his own ws.
on the other hand most of the time(at least for me) the uploading system doesnt work properly so maybe this guy has tried  to do it but hasnt been lucky enough, who knows!.

so if I were u I would share 1 ws  and plss tell him  Do not get use for this.Wink

22 Nov 2008     

agkk
Turkey

Hi Helen,
I understand your point of view and of course the others who has written comments. I think just one worksheet is not a matter if s/he doesn�t continue to ask more. S/he may have uploading problems as freddie mentioned. On the other hand, 30 points is not too much. It�s really very easy to get just 30 points and even more with only one worksheet. (or in some case two worksheets are enough to be a premium member) I think it is not too difficult to do this. My following words are to new members with 0 points: Do not hesitate to upload your own worksheets. They may very simple at the beginnig but be sure they will improve in time. If you do not get any points although you upload some of your works, then you can ask other members to download your worksheets or ask for their worksheets privately.
Have a nice weekend

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

In agreewith agkk,

30 points is really not that difficult. �It took me a week, with 3 or 4 worksheets. �They were very poor, but I made it. �I understand people�s impatience to join, but a week or even two is not a long time. �Take the time to do more worksheets. :)

22 Nov 2008