Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Crime vocabulary    

Crime vocabulary

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Crime vocabulary

Hi, my dear colleagues once more:-)

My second question is whether there is some other (legal) term of saying "driving while drunk"?

Thank sooo much, Mish

3 May 2010      

Stepha
Portugal

You can say DUI which stands for driving under the influence (of alcohol or other drugs). Go to  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_under_the_influence if you need more information.
Hope I helped 

3 May 2010     

mena22
Portugal

You can say drinkdriving as in: "The majority respect alcohol and are aware of its drawbacks -- ranging from hangovers to drinkdriving." / "Respondents believe this hardcore manifests itself through street drinking, general violence and drinkdriving." In Alcohol Abuse Issues, Series Editor Craig Donellan, Independence.

Hope it helped.
Have a nice day,
 mena

3 May 2010     

libertybelle
United States

We call it drunk-driving or driving while under the influence of alcohol.

3 May 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Thank you all very much, have a nice day

3 May 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

Or if you are appearing in a court of law, you are charged with �driving whilst unfit with excess alcohol �.

3 May 2010     

sulekra
Australia

It can also be driving while intoxicated, or operating a vehicle while/under all of the above, because you don �t drive a boat/bike/plane etc. I have a friend who was warned by a policeman about playing around with a wheelchair while drunk :D

3 May 2010