Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PENFRIEND LETTERS    

PENFRIEND LETTERS

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

PENFRIEND LETTERS

HI IM TRYING TO START WITH LETTERS WITH MY SS, THEY ARE 8 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS THEIR SECOND YEAR OF ENGLISH SO THEY MUST BE EASY, CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICE
THANKS IN ADVANCE Smile

5 May 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Do you mean starting with the English alphabet ?

5 May 2010     

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

I MEAN WRITING A LETTER TO A PENFRIEND

5 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Oh, sorry. If that �s the case, I would use something like a guided writing, depending on what they saw last year. You can show them how to begin and how to finish a letter to a friend and as to the paragraphs, maybe you could lead them with prompts , e.g.   Include : your name, your age, your family members, your free time activities. And if this is still too much for them, you could simply give them parts of the sentences :  ___ name ________ .
I ________old.  I live __________ and so on.
I don �t know how many hours a week they had classes last year, that makes a difference in level, too. Have a good night ...

5 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

What I usually do with the little ones is guided writing.I start with cards eg a birthday card or invitation card, Christmas card etc. Next, I use extracts from their books in which  a character talks about his/her family, likes and dislikes and so on.But, first, we do it together in class so that they can feel confident they can do it and then I assign it as a homework telling them to keep whatever they need and change the ones that do not apply to themselves.I always ask them to write it on a piece of paper I hand out and ask them to draw things related to our topic so that they are nice and colourful.Finally, we put them on our notice board.They like it a lot, because it �s not only writing and young children like drawing and colouring a lot.
Bye
Dora

5 May 2010