Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Topic: "The face" Pupil: 5 years old (privet lesson) What can I do?!?!?!    

Topic: "The face" Pupil: 5 years old (privet lesson) What can I do?!?!?!

Akanah
Spain

Topic: "The face" Pupil: 5 years old (privet lesson) What can I do?!?!?!

Hi, I �ve got a 5 years od pupil and we �re studying the parts of the face. We �ve played "Simon says", we �ve made a mask, coloured a mounster and a girl... What else can I do related to this topic? She �s learning now how to read and write in Spanish... :S Any idea? Thanks,
Olga

5 May 2010      

gabitza
Romania

Try this game - Pin the wart on the witch (or whatever creature) Draw an ugly face on a flip-chart, blindfold the kid, have her put her finger tip in non+toxic paint and touch the flip-chart and tell you where she thinks she had put the wart + then discover them together ("Look, she has one on the nose and two on her eyes!).

Guess who - show her several faces and describe one of them. She points to the correct picture.

Not much but I hope it helps,
Gabitza

5 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Thanks! These young kids get bored so quickly! We play 3 or 4 different games per class :S
Olga

5 May 2010     

tommy11
Thailand

You could try playing a game similar to:

1.Draw an outline of a face on the board, then 
2. write down the various parts of the face on post-its. 
3. Wear a blindfold, peek at the post-it, then tell your student which facial feature it is.
4. Student directs you to the board (pre-teach �up, down, left, right, stop, stick, etc) and you stick the post-it where they tell you.
5. Repeat with all of the post-its.
6. Change roles.
7. Include body parts.

Hope this helps. If not, I have a lesson plan that illustrates the game better. PM if you want it.

5 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Thanks, Tommy11 :=)

5 May 2010     

Choli
Argentina

Hi Olga,
You may want to try these activities:
- Play with magnets or just cut-out shapes making faces (two ovals for the eyes, a triangle for the nose, etc). She might do this blindfolded too (similar to pin the tail on the donkey -she should identify the missing part, choose the correct shape for that part and finally stick it on the face).
- Give her a handout with two big ovals. She should draw a face on the first one, cut out the different parts of the face from magazines and stick them on the second one in order to make a face.
- Clapping game: you draw a face on the board and then name each part making some deliberate mistakes. She should clap when you say it right and frown when you make a mistake.
- Ask her mum if you can play with makeup. She should choose the colours she likes and say, e.g. blue for my eyes, pink for my mouth, etc... hmmmm.... you can also play with earrings. In the case her mum won �t let you play with makeup, she can do the same with a doll.
- Sing a Bee on my nose song while playing with a bee sticker / drawing / thumb and index simulating a bug, etc. � �A bee on my nose/ear/mouth... buzz buzz buzz... � �
- Cut out animal faces and make puzzles with them. She can create new animals mixing the different parts...

I hope it helps.

Hugs,
Choli

6 May 2010