Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Water    

Water

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Water

Hello to all my colleagues,�

We are preparing a cross curricular project for our students aged 11-15 themed �Water�. As a foreign language teacher I should prepare an activity for approximately 40 minutes, where I would treat this topic from the linguistic or literary point of view. I can imagine something like matching the words with their translations in several foreign languages and considering the similarities in them; or thinking of the best known pieces of fiction where the theme of water appears (like �The Old man and the Sea�); or writing a short story where certain vocabulary connected with the water topic appears. But none of these ideas seems satisfactorily comprehensive to me. Have you got experience with similar work or project or any helpful ideas, please? I�d be very grateful for your help.�

Thank you very much in advance, Mish�

6 May 2010      

kodora
Greece

Two years ago the teacher of the fifth grade (aged 11) asked me to do something similar.So, I taught them about the water cycle.We learnt some basic vocabulary, we coloured pages with corresponding images, we made a wall poster and finally I gave them a word search to practise the vocabulary I had taught them.It took us about two teaching periods.
I hope I have helped you.
Check this site.Water in various languages http://www.freelang.net/expressions/water.php

6 May 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

Just sent you a PM!

7 May 2010