Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > how tpo prepare a lesson about teenagers problems?(with boyfriend etc.)    

how tpo prepare a lesson about teenagers problems?(with boyfriend etc.)

iskierka1140
Poland

how tpo prepare a lesson about teenagers problems?(with boyfriend etc.)

Lesson about realtionships

Hi there,

I am a second year student of English Philology.Now, I have my teaching practices.I have to prepare a lesson about relationships.In the book there is a short reading about teenager �s problems (problems with boyfriend and a best friend not accepting the boyfriend and there are 3 replies). Do you have any ideas how to make this topic more interesting and attractive for the pupils?There is also a set of vocabulary concerning adjectives like sensitive, attractive, caring etc.
Thakns in advance for your help.:))

9 May 2010      

kodora
Greece

I think you can start by showing them various pictures: a teenager arguing with his /her parents, a teenager talking to an angry  teacher at school, another one with a brother or sister, one at school talking to his /her peers and one hanging out with his/her friends or being at home alone and feeling lonely.Then they have to find the relationship and the problem.After that get them to write down how each teenager in the picture feels and why he feels like that and name the problem each one faces.Finally, you can ask them to offer advice using should/shouldn �t.
I hope this will help you.
Good luck!

9 May 2010     

kmochniak
Poland

I �d start with a youtube video on teens problems, possibly not too artificial, made by teens themselves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5yINOn4N4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5yINOn4N4&feature=related

That should get them talking at least a bit. I �d ask their opinion and let them tell you other issues they consider important and the solution (should/shouldn �t). If they don �t speak at all,try with pictures. Meanwhile, suggest the words you must introduce. At the end of the lesson get them to write down the new vocabulary. As it is something they know a lot about, I �d use all the lesson to make them speak as much as possible,as we rarely have suh a good opportunity to do it...

Hugs!

9 May 2010     

ilona
Costa Rica

CHECK YOUR PM

9 May 2010