Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief    

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Ju Madeiro
Brazil

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Hello,

Has anybody got a nice activity or idea to use with the trailer from The Lightning Thief film. I always have plenty of materials to use with the girl, but the boys are such HATERs. Lately, they�ve been talking about this film and the book too. Thanks in advance,

Juliana

11 May 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Not a bad teenage movie, though I have to say I expected more from it. I don �t have prepared activities since the movie is rather new, but you should be able to find lots of ideas with mythical creatures and ancient gods, goddesses, heroes and villains. If you �re doing conditionals, it �s great to write their names on the board, then have each st choose which person they wish they were, but not say the name to anybody. Then they say: "If I were this person, I could... and do this or that..." and then everyone else has to guess which person they �re referring to. Also, teenagers like to sound and come out very smart, so you could ask them to say/write what they would do differently if they were in Percy �s position. Not to mention having a god as one of your parents - which demigod would you like to be and why, which abilities would you like to possess, etc. You could aslo have them compare it with The Clash of the Titans, because there are many similar storylines in the two movies.

11 May 2010