Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help with a 7 year old.    

Help with a 7 year old.

spring
Turkey

Help with a 7 year old.

Hello everybody.
Hope you are all doin � fine. I don �t wanna take much of your time and here I go.
I am working with children but I haven �t worked with even young ones.I mean, I will start a lesson with a 7year old boy and I still can �t make up my mind about how to start.
Which activities should I include for a first lesson?Which materials?
Do you know any interesting games or warm-up activities?
His first lesson must be enjoyable �cos this will determine his future attitude towards English.
I will be here waiting for your fresh ideas -hope you can access the site-
By the way Thanks Victor for your great effort once more.
Wish me luck.
Hugs..

11 May 2010      

redcamarocruiser
United States

CONCENTRATION
finding pairs of matching flashcards placed face down on the table (memory game)

TREASUREHUNT
Make clues on cards. Ex. go to the door, table, closet, chair, clock, etc. Hide the card with clue in each of the destinations. The student looks in each destination (and finds the next clue) until he finds the treasure. The treasure  can be a pinata full of candy that he gets to break.

COLORS
Play a boardgame like candyland. You can easily make it yourself by pasting  colored paper squares in a path. Make a die from a small cube. Paste the colors on each side of the cube. roll the die and the student moves his marker to the next square on the boardgamethat matches the color he threw on the die.

NUMBERS
Play a card game like "Go fish" or "War" to practice the numbers.
You can google the rules for go fish, if these two links are not clear.

You and the student each have a deck of cards.
You each flip one card face up on the floor if you are sitting on the floor (or table).The player with the high card keeps both cards. Keep flipping cards and capturing the cards whenyou have drawn the highest point card. Continue until all cards are captured (or play for a set time limit and the one who has the most cards after 5 minutes wins the game).

When the card values are tied, you have a war. Both of you place 3 cards face down near the card you turned over and a 4th card you turn face up. Whoever has the high card wns all the cards.

11 May 2010