Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Help    

Help

Aldegunde
Spain

Help

Hi everybody! I �m glad my favourite site is available again!
I need help from teachers in Spain. Does anyone have the book "Selectividad Ingl�s 2008."Anaya. If so, can you please tell the answer they suggest in the Castilla y Le�n exam for question 2 c:

Make these sentences into one: I never saw Mara again. I guessed she was hidden in the house and probably very sick. I called the doctor and explained the situation.

I had already asked about your suggestions before, but I am still looking for a more natural way to join the sentences. Thaks in advance!

12 May 2010      

aragoneses
Spain

I �m afraid I don �t have the book, but I talked to some partners about these sentence in 2008 and we thought about some different options; this is the one I usually use:
- As I never saw Mara again, I guessed she was hidden in the house and probably very sick so I called the doctor and explained the situation.
I hope you find useful
Ana

12 May 2010     

Aldegunde
Spain

Thank you! I think my problem was that I was trying to use a relative, and I was not satisfied with any of the options I came up with.

12 May 2010