Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for revision    

Ideas for revision

szamoca
Hungary

Ideas for revision

Dear Colleagues,
I �m so happy that everything turned to normal on this site. At last I can ask you a question that I have in my mind for a couple of days.
How do you revise several units from a book? How much time do you spend with revision?
I usually use the revision sections from the books but I like using board games and several other games to revise both grammar and vocabulary. I like using the games as competitions among groups or just for pair work.

The reason I �m asking this is  that one of my groups doesn �t like revision lessons. I really have a hard time with them when it turns to revision.
Can you suggest some new methods for revision? These revisions are usually followed by a big test.

12 May 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! Maybe those students who don �t like revision lessons don �t need to revise at all. I only review a content if I notice a common mistake in a group of students. But it never takes a lesson, only a small part of it. What about if you prepared a 2 or 3 exercises (no more than 15 minutes, correction included) similar to the ones you �re going to have in the test and told them so? Could it motivate them? Just an idea!

Have a good evening,
mena

13 May 2010     

szamoca
Hungary

Thanks Mena. I �m going to do that.

13 May 2010