Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Is it just me?????????????    

Is it just me?????????????

Mex233
United States

I agree with the original post.  I send my printing requests to a central printer, so I cannot control the b/w option as Vernica suggests.  It takes so long to change all the color to b/w and then change the shading, contrast, etc. so that it works.

Though hard for the ws composers, a b/w extra page before the answer sheets would be sooo helpful to many of us.  The authors would still have the attention-attractin, point-downloading, grammar-school value of color, but the rest of us would save mountains of time and frustration.

As a teacher of adults now and hs students over my career, I, too, prefer content to pictures.  Students need to practice so much before they can master English.  Especially if you are labeling your work at 14+, please make a point of including many exercises.  One or two fun illustrations would be enough to attract attention for those groups.

Thank you for reading all this!

13 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I coldn �t agree more Mex233
In fact I think I �ll start a new thread and refer to this one as the title of this thread doesn �t really say what it is about

13 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dorothea,

I find your ws very nice and will get your American history ws soon ;o)) Don �t take it personal! I don �t take it personal anymore if someone gets inspired by me and then gets praised for having uploaded such a creative printable ;o))) I also still don �t know why my Tino Topolino hours ws stayed below 50 ;o) even though gabitza awared me the medal of honor for it....... Tongue

Regarding printing black and white, even if you do so, black and white printouts of color ws often come out very dark and if I use the rizograph to multiply them, they often cause a machine failure and lots of lost time because of the big black/dark areas on the ws that the machine has difficulty dealing with.

Pictures....even my 12-year-olds think I am silly if I show up with a ws full of infantile pics .... making a ws takes hardly more time than reediting one.....

Regards

13 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Here is the new thread I opened:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19357

13 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2