Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Internet rules    

Internet rules

kotyna
Czech Republic

Internet rules

Dear colleagues,
since we have a new computer laboratory in our school which enables pupils to work with ICT independently, I was asked to write a list of fixed rules with my class to be observed by everybody to prevent any harm caused by entering unappropriate information and websites on the Internet. I would like to negotiate these rules with my students, but I should prepare some in advance. Have you got any rules with your class when working with computers (esp. Internet) or can you suggest some?
Thank you for your help:-)

13 May 2010      

colibrita
United Kingdom

I found these rules to get you started. They �re from http://www.silverdale.lancsngfl.ac.uk/index.php?category_id=40

Pupil �s Rules for Responsible Internet Use.

Copies of the Internet Rules are displayed by all computers in school. These rules are regularly brought to the attention of pupils. The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. The rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.

• I will ask permission from an adult before using the internet.
  • I will not access other peoples files.
  • I will only use the computers for school work and homework.
  • I will not bring floppy disks or CD �s into school without permission.
  • I will ask permission from an adult before sending a class e-mail.
  • The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
  • I will not give my home address or telephone number to anyone on the Internet.
  • To protect other pupils and myself, I will tell an adult if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like.
  • I will only print out work with an adult �s permission
  • I understand that the school will check my computer files and monitor the Internet sites that I visit.

13 May 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

Thank you:-)

13 May 2010