Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help for second graders    

Help for second graders

sankhah
Greece

Help for second graders

Hello everyone!
I work as a state teacher and here in Greece we have English lessons from third grade. In the school where I work the second grade teacher asked me if I could go in her class for an hour and teach in order to show the children what ESL is all about. It will only be 45 minutes and I want the children to have fun while they learn something. I thought about nursery rhymes but many of them have difficult lyrics for someone who hasn �t tried speaking English before. Do you have any ideas-suggestions?

13 May 2010      

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hello, sankhah!

I usually start with colours and numbers songs. I usualy use �Cookie and friends A  � CD but you can find a lot of free songs and activities at www.dreamenglish.com.
 And then we play games as �Touch the colour �, kids usually run about the classroom to touch the object of that colour and I count up to three.  
With numbers : they usually try to quess how many pencils  I have in my hand, or how many pages are there in a book.
Then we learn parts of the body and do exercises, for example �Head and shoulders � rhyme.
I hope it helps.
Hugs, Larisa

13 May 2010     

sankhah
Greece

Thanks a lot Larisa!You helped a lot!!!

14 May 2010