Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Dou you use internet radio for learning or teaching?    

Dou you use internet radio for learning or teaching?

blunderbuster
Germany

Dou you use internet radio for learning or teaching?

I am thinking about using the technology and was wondering if anyone here has experience.

Regard

15 May 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear Regina! I �ve never used it, but it sounds really interesting to me. What kind of programmes were you thinking of? I �m sure it �s possible to find them for most topics of the syllabus. However, you cannot prepare anything in advance, like pre-listening and while- listening activities, so I guess this would have to be for  advanced students.

I would like to hear more opinions on it.

Have a nice weekend,
Hugs from sunny Azores,
mena

15 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Mena,

Actually, now that I don �t teach 7-hour seminars anymore, I speak less English and some of it is going away, especially my business vocabulary. I don �t like that but this is a natural process, the same happened with my German when I was living in the States.

When I was living in the States, I listened to the radio a lot, mostly NPR, and my English improved a lot, my choice of words became more natural. NPR can be accessed online and I would like to do it more often, however, I don �t want to have my computer running all the time while doing so.

There seems to be hardware that lets you access internet radio. I do not mean MP3, I mean internet radio, and, as far as I know, there is hardware that works pretty much like a normal radio, just with global digital access. That is what I would like more info on.

I think what you mean are podcasts, audio files that can be downloaded, scripts for these shows can be bought online as well, depending on where you get the files.

Regards from rainy Germany

15 May 2010