Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > activities with months    

activities with months

sally:)
Turkey

activities with months

Hi eveybody,
I need interesting and different materials, games or teaching ideas about months for my presentation. please help me, I need your ideas.

15 May 2010      

MarionG
Netherlands

I first of all used "the calendar song" by boney M. Within no time eveyone remembered the names of the months in English since it is sooo catchy (stupid but catchy).
A nice game to play is to give the students two dice to throw (exactly up to 12). The then need to make a sentence with the month corresponding to the number they got... (8 - In August we do not have school...).
What also worked nicely; Ask them to look into their agendas and tell you on which day of the week the months start(ed) this year. (This year May started on a Saturday)
Hope this helps

15 May 2010     

customer
Italy

Nice activites, Marion, I �ll try them!

Chiara

15 May 2010     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Thanks Marion. Great ideas, I will also try them!
Love Anny

16 May 2010     

samsunmustafa
Turkey

I think you need an activity suitable for 4th grade students.There is a wonderful song on claracampoamorsings.com . You can find month song there. After my students memorized the song I wanted them to sing the song in another way.They changed the tone of the song and applied it to the other tones of Turkish songs.They enjoyed themselves very much.

And a game for you ,first of all in the classroom you will give a name of the months to each student.Then you will say a name of the month and the students whose names are the next month will stand up and say their name loudly.Then you �ll have taught the months in order.

16 May 2010     

sally:)
Turkey

Thanks Marion and Mustafa...

16 May 2010