Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WORLD CUP    

WORLD CUP

mary-butterfly
Brazil

WORLD CUP

HI, I NEED TO DO A PROJECT WITH MY STUDENTS 9 GRADE ( 12 TO 15 YEARS )
ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA OR THE WORLD CUP, AND I HAVE NO IDEA.COULD YOU HELP ME?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

17 May 2010      

Sara26
Brazil

Hi Mary,

Maybe you could have your students working on the names of the countries which are taking part of the Cup, the groups they are divided into, their nationalities and native languages.
Or they can make a research about South Africa, where is it located, its population, the capital and main cities there ...
They can find lots of information on the internet, like this website:

Hope it helps!
Have a nice week! Hug

17 May 2010     

[email protected]
Canada

hey, i did an apartheid unit with my gr 6 students to introduce them to the south african political situation: we are going to watch the movie invictus and then we �re going to discuss the importance of sport in breaking down barriers. 

with my gr. 5s im making them learn two songs: shakira �s "time for africa" and a world cup version of k �nan �s "wavin flag" - they are in groups and have to choose one of the two songs and do a little choreography based on the lyrics THEY are having a lot of fun with this one

my younger ones: very basic project similar to what sara described

17 May 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

Check out this thread from last Friday.
Hope it helps
S.

17 May 2010     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

THANKS FOR AMAZING IDEAS! YOU ARE THE BEST!Clap

17 May 2010