Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ---    

---

blunderbuster
Germany

---

-

17 May 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

You �re certainly right, but your "campaign" will probably not change anything, because I �m under the impression that only very few users read the forum... Moreover, this thread will have vanished from the main page in a couple of hours.

I also find it quite annoying when I "delete" some information by punching holes into a sheet, however, that �s one of the things I �ve meanwhile got used to. ;))

If the font is tiny, I usually change it by making the text boxes and the font bigger and when I do that, I will have to add a second page to the ws anyway...

Sometimes I only use certain parts of a ws, because some of the tasks are not suitable for that particular class I intend to give the ws to - so I make some changes anyway. It �s no problem to move the text boxes a bit more to the right then.

As I said, I do understand your irritation, however, all the wss I have ever downloaded from here so far have saved me sooo much time that I don �t see any point in mentioning such a minor issue. ;)

17 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

What about using sheet protectors? That �s what I do...
Olga

17 May 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Like Olga I always use sheet protectors because I hate having holes in my work.

This brings up another interesting problem. Because in Australia A4 paper is the normal size I always have to rearrange anything on the American size. I guess the reverse applies to anyone using my worksheets.
What a pity we can �t all be the same but then
Viva la difference!
Joy

17 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Sheet protectors are certainly a good idea, however, I will definitely NOT give sheet protectors to all my ss, because I would be the one who has to pay for them!! For my own archive I do use sheet protectors, but that doesn �t solve the problem blunderbuster was talking about: whenever you hand out a ws to your ss, they will certainly make holes in it and then part of the text might be gone! ;))

18 May 2010