Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Two in one- Games to teach the time and "if you´re happy and you know it" song    

Two in one- Games to teach the time and "if you´re happy and you know it" song

rakelica
Spain

Two in one- Games to teach the time and "if you´re happy and you know it" song

Hi again my dearest colleagues

I´m using just one post to ask for two favours, I hope you don´t mind me being practical!

So, this is the first question: do you know of any games to revise the time? I´ve already taught my kids how to say the time in English but what I´m looking for now is some kind of game where I can reinforce what they already know. They´ve already "built" their own clocks and we´ve played the game where I say a time and they have to show the clock with the right one (we did a race at the end, it was fun! Tongue) Or maybe you know a song?

And the last thing: do you know where I could get the music of the song "If you are happy and you know it" but without the lyrics? (my kids are singing it and i don´t want their voices mingling with the audio).

Thanks, thanks, thanks so much in advance.

Hope you are all ok and have a great week. Regards. Raquel

17 May 2010      

excellence
Tunisia

Hi
You can find many interesting things to teach beginners in a book called OLD FAVORITES FOR ALL AGES by ANNNA MARIA MALKOC

17 May 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hi Rakelica,

Here are some ideas:

Songs to Teach the time
http://www.canteach.ca/elementary/songspoems71.html
http://dragon.sleepdeprived.ca/games/30sec_1/30sec_1_43.htm

Maybe do some word problems so that they can use them practically!

You can ask the students to make a schedule of their favourite TV shows or some activities

You will have to create an account but it ´s free!  And has lots of other resources, especially if you ´re teaching math.

Hope that gives you a start on planning some fun activities for your students!

:)

I found it by searching for "if you´re happy and you know it" karaoke

17 May 2010     

rakelica
Spain

WOW! thanks ever so much atsanti85, you´re very kind to share all these resources

have a great day! thanks again Clap

18 May 2010