Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A poem written by David L. Weatherford    

A poem written by David L. Weatherford

COLOMBO
Russian Federation

A poem written by David L. Weatherford

� �

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly �s erratic flight?

Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.

Don �t dance so fast.

Time is short. The music won �t last.

Do you run through each day On the fly?

When you ask How are you?

Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done

Do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores Running through
your head?

You �d better slow down

Don �t dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won �t last.

Ever told your child,

We �ll do it
tomorrow?
And in your haste,

Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,

Let a good friendship die

Cause you never had time

To call and say, �Hi �

You �d better slow down.

Don �t dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won �t last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere

You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,

It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.

18 May 2010      

Mabdel
Morocco

thanks for the sense of sympathy you have.we �ll do our best to send it to as many people as we can. May God make her recover soon.

18 May 2010     

stexstme
France

I lost a dear child almost two years ago : She died of cancer....She was not my child, but our relationship was kind of a Mother-daughter one. When she became very ill & had to stay in hospital, there were loads of messages on blogs - to help & support her family...
When it came to being actually there, & give time / money, we were five persons; I got mad, & thought I would never ever again answer these Pass-on messages - so easy to send ( not from you!!) & sooooo easy to answer...  I do hope I �m not being rude, because your message is very touching, & reminds me of ...hard times. I do find the poem lovely, & I thank you for it.
People here will certainly shoot at me, but I think this is not the place for such a message.And , nowadays, when I get a pass-on message, I simply delete it...
I wish I could explain my feelings better than the way I �m doing it...But I cannot. I hope you �ll understand my message.
& yes, maybe we �d better all slow down....Smile 

Sylvie

18 May 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hello everybody,

I admire those who are sincere in their best wishes for people with terminal illnesses.

However, there is evidence that the letter just posted is a hoax.  Please read below...

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/slow-dance.html

Be well,

Aileen

18 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Dear all,
I try to sympathize with all the suffering people as i, we, could be one of them any moment. Life is not something to be sure of...that �s for sure!My husbands provides free advertisement (filming, directoring, editing etc) for a Cancer Society from here. 
BUT
I also have the spirit of checking things and I endlessly receive this kind of messages.
I know what they are!!!!!! 
Take a look:

Please check the dates on each site and see how old this poem is. 

@COLOMBO.......distributing spam is bad!!! 
Please write and ask for help only if you know the person. 

18 May 2010     

vikral
India

Hi everybody

Could anyone of you please tell me what benefit does the person who circulates such hoax mails get? However I liked the poem. It made me think of several things for whom I should spare some time. Did you also think the same way?

Thanks

Regards
Vikral

18 May 2010     

COLOMBO
Russian Federation

� Thanks, donapeter, atsanti85, I didn �t know it was a hoax, perhaps i �m too credulous.� I �ve edited my message. But the poem is really touching, I believe it can be used at the lesson.� � �

18 May 2010     

stexstme
France

Dear Colombo,
Being a helpful person who cares has never been bad - so far!!! Big smile We �ve all been had - one day!Wink
Never mind! Do not feel guilty - Your purpose was a nice one!
Thank you,
Sylvie

18 May 2010     

Rainboow
Poland

Hello Colombo, I posted the poem on my blog for my students. The poem is really touchy.

18 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Dear....I have tones of this kind of messages from different people: at the beginning I saved some lives sending this message to other people , I also believed Yahoo would ask money for Yahoo Messenger as we were too many users , I sent some prayers to 10 friends at once and I waited to see a miracle. 
But one day.....when I took my n-th virus on my computer , my husband told me to send all the prayers to my friends, wait 10 seconds with my eyes closed and wish God clean my computer as  he was tired to over-fix what i continuously damaged. 
I was desperate and thought I could ask Goggle create a cont for me as I needed money to get it repaired- 3 cents from each sent email. They told me it must have been a joke or smth. Then I sent the prayers to my friends and waited for the miracle to happen. Still nothing. I was afraid I lose my friends from my messenger list.
I tried everything , everything that good people sent me via email. Nothing happened. Then I THOUGHT: i BEG MY HUSBAND for the last time and I promise I �ll be a good girl. 
My husband listened to me ( he has to) and since then I always check.

A blonde�s story by DonaPeter LOL

18 May 2010     

stexstme
France

Blondes rule .. OK?? Or is it UK ???? LOL You know, Dona, I was really sad a few minutes ago - I �m not any more!!!
Thank you AGAIN. I mean it.
I once was told I was very ... �hard -hearted � ...because I kept telling people what I thought.... I had the feeling I was repeating the same thing all over again, 
But you have helped me tonight - much more than you think. I could tell you through pm, but I chose the Forum.
Let things be.
And people think - .....
Hey, Dona, I �m expecting MORE blondes � stories of this kind!Hug
Sylvie

18 May 2010     

1    2    Next >