Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What do notices mean?     

What do notices mean?

jowita.panczuk
Poland

What do notices mean?

Please,

Can You explain me the notices below - what do they mean and where might I see them?

1. Nothing to declare

2. These seats are appreciated by the old and infirm

3. Clearance sale starts today

4. Cycles for hire or sale

Thanks for all answers!!!

Have a nice evening!

Hug

20 May 2010      

Zora
Canada

1.       Nothing to declare - Customs at an airport

2.       These seats are appreciated by the old and infirm - bus

3.       Clearance sale starts today - shop

4.       Cycles for hire or sale - park/bike rental shop

20 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Nothing to declare - no weapons, no drugs, no other forbidden stuff 
   These seats are appreciated by the old and infirm - the seats are FOR the old people and people with handicap - you should offer the seat when an old person is around 
Clearance sale starts today YUPPPIIIIIII This is my favorite day!All the items in the shop half price!!!! Or less!Even better!
Cycles for hire or sale - you can take a bike from there or you can buy it. 

20 May 2010     

magneto
Greece

1. You �re stating that you aren �t bringing anything out or into a country that might be considered illegal or might be sold.
2. You are not allowed to sit on these seats. They are intended for people in need of help. If you sit there you will have to offer your seat if an elderly or physically handicapped/ injured person or a pregnant woman or a woman carrying a baby gets on the bus.
3. I think that this one means the shop is going out of business or simply wants to get rid of old merchandise and bring new, so they �re starting a sale.
4. You can rent or buy a bike here.

20 May 2010     

renko6
Poland

Hi Jowita,

I �m not so sure what explanation do you need but I thought that maybe you �re looking  for the translation, so :

1. Nothing to declare = Nic do oclenia ( na lotnisku lub przejściu granicznym)

2. These seats are appreciated by the old and infirm= Te miejsca są przeznaczone dla os�b starszych i zniedołężniałych ( w autobusie)

3. Clearance sale starts today = wyprzedaż zaczyna się dzisiaj ( w sklepie)

4. Cycles for hire or sale = rowery do wynajęcia lub sprzedaży ( w sklepie lub wypożyczalni rower�w)

I hope it will help you !
Have a nice evening,
Renia

20 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Again??????
And again and again?
How many times have you asked the same, and changed the questions in the same post and deleted your own answers and again asking the same things ?

What, if I can ask, is your problem?
Are you playing tricks ?
People around here, spare a lot of one �s private time to help. People read and when they feel they can help, they step ahead and try their best.
What do you want?
Everything has been explained and EVEN translated!!!!!  What else do you need?
What happened to the other posts that vanished away?
What happened to the post asking if you were playing with your profile - changing the title of your post, changing your flag, changing and changing all around?

Are you in troubles OR are you pulling everyone �s leg?
Just a question.
If you are in trouble, please, step ahead and do tell us what you need. Don �t post and delete, ok?
best regards

21 May 2010