Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please comment on this essay. report any problems related to writing a cause and effect essay;    

Please comment on this essay. report any problems related to writing a cause and effect essay;

mourad1O
Morocco

Please comment on this essay. report any problems related to writing a cause and effect essay;

Air pollution is one of the most challenging problems in the world. The emission of gases into the air has become so rampant. So, what are the main causes and consequences of this phenomenon?

There are a number of causes of air pollution. First, cars and buses cause a great deal o f pollution. They produce fumes which contain a large proportion of carbon dioxide and other polluting elements. Because of economic prosperity people are buying more and more cars and at the same time causing more and more pollution. Another dangerous cause is factories. The smoke issued from them is poisonous. Their numbers are increasing all over the world because of the fast economic growth and free market that have pushed towards more investment. This, of course, leads to more pollution. As a result, our life and environment are strongly endangered.

The bad effects resulting from air pollution are numerous. For instance, people get sick.  A lot of people suffer from dangerous diseases like asthma, pneumonia, cancers of different kinds, etc. The illnesses they catch either have no cure or cost them a lot of money. Another perilous effect is global warming. The more we pollute the air the warmer our earth becomes. Indeed, nobody can imagine us living under a boiling sun. Additionally, this rising temperature will melt the polar ice; as a consequence, the level of sea water will rise, which may result in the sinking of many low lands around the world. No less than this, the animals living in both the North and South Poles are subject to disappear and vanish. Their extinction will destroy the food chain and create disequilibrium on the earth.

All the problems considered above, it can be concluded that air pollution is very serious and can end our existence if no precaution or measures are taken seriously. For this reason, all governments should work together to, at least, reduce the pollutants and unite under the project of �sustainable development� so as to leave the coming generations with good things to remember us by.

22 May 2010      

feii
Greece

The Company �s premises ........ on the outskirts of the city.

a.  lay
b.  are lying
c.  lie
d.  lays

Can someone please help me here.  Which is the correct answer?

22 May 2010     

amyi
France

Hi!  It �s �lie �
Have a great weekend!

22 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

The correct answer is C. Lie-lay-lain=be situated (for objects),be in a horizontal position(for people),Lay-laid-laid=put sth somewhere in a gentle, careful and neat way.

22 May 2010     

feii
Greece

Thanks for your previous help but I need one more favour.

In the aforementioned letter, I specified which product ...............

a.  had been discontinued
b.  have been discontinued
c.  has discontinued
d.  be discontinued

I belive A is the correct answer but I �d like your help also so I can be sure.
Thanks in advance.

22 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

yup, I �d say A as well

22 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Mourad10, did you want us to correct the essay you posted??? Because I �m now confused with your post and the questions by feii in the same post...

22 May 2010     

mourad1O
Morocco

Yes, correct it and share the experience of dealing with  cause and effect essay.
I don �t know how they have entered my space!!!!!!!!!LOL

22 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

sorry I don �t have time now, but perhaps this might help...

22 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

sent you a pm

22 May 2010