Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Pictures from iclipart    

Pictures from iclipart

blunderbuster
Germany

Pictures from iclipart

Hello,

Maybe some of you followed the discussion on pictures from iclipart yesterday.

Apparently, the owners of this website have explicitly forbidden "us" to "redistribute" their pictures by making them available for free download here.

I have spoken to some moderators about this site and they share my concerns that this site might be shut down sooner or later if "we" keep infringing on copyrights, carelessly or unknowingly.

What should we do if we find printables that we know contain pictures taken from iclipart?

Regards

23 May 2010      

mariamit
Greece

That �s a tough one Regina. Many of my printabes contain clipart from there and my problem is that I don �t know which of the clipart saved on my PC is from there and which isn �t. I can �t always tell as I have a lot of clipart from sites (or bought on CDs) that have similar graphics. I think maybe we should let Victor decide. I do know one thing- I can �t edit all the worksheets I �ve already sent although I will try to stay away from the clipart I know is from there.

23 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Here is the link to the other thread:

23 May 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi!!Which are the pictures from iclipart�??

23 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

BB,
if only we lived in such an utopic world. But we don �t! 
The Turkish site won �t be banned!!! Iscribd and englishtips are some of the best in this domain! And they have a long and good life!! 
Anyway, I re-edited some of my wss and I �ll make the rest some other day. 

ps. When a site is under the suspicious of theft , first it receives a warning. When we get the warning I agree to delete all my wss. 

23 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

BB? I don �t think so. 

23 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

edit:  BB it was the shortest variant of blunderbuster 

23 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Just call her �Blunder � - it annoys the self-righteous so-and-so so much!

23 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

LOL

23 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dona, what dictionary did you use?

23 May 2010