Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > concerning workseets    

concerning workseets

s.lefevre
Brazil

concerning workseets

Dear Victor and all the members here

I �m sorry to bring up this subject again, but every day, at the moderator �s page we can see that the moderators are not quite sure about what is acceptable and what isn �t . I �m talking about :
1. We have 4 pasted pictures on a worksheet without any word. . But many of my collegues think it should stay anyway.
2. We have a title, a lot of lines and the words: Write a story
3. We have a picture and the words: describe the picture

In my opinion, these are not an ESL resource, as the example on the right of the moderator page states ( in the case of the flashcards) but I don �t want to be against the other members. Perhaps Victor could give his opinion.

24 May 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Just popping in to tell you that I totally agree with you, dear Silvia!!

Thumbs Up

24 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I also totally agree with Silvia. But unfortunately I believe there are still the same people fighting for useless wss as there were when I was a moderator. I think this really depends on Victor �s decision.
Have a nice day everybody.

24 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi, I agree on points 2 and 3, but not on 1. I don �t know you, but I don �t use FCs if they have words on them. They are useless if you want to ask vocabulary to your kids, or play any games. My POV, of course. Have a nice day.
Olga

24 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I agree with Sylvia. 

And more than that I am the one who doesn �t understand why a diploma is an ESL resource?
Why isn �t it like the templates? Only because it has 2 words: NAME (oh God...I wouldn �t think of it Geek) and DIPLOMA (another timesaver word Wacko).

ESL means ENGLISH first of all and language : how can a pic be ENGLISH? 

But...it �s just my opinion. Oh ...and yes...another thousand members too! Wink  

I would agree with the fact that the motivational stickers, diplomas and other stuff like these to be unrated, no points as the templates are. 

24 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear dona,
I was once told that diplomas are ESL resources because they motivate children. And if I don �t understand it, I am probably a bad teacher. I won �t name the person who said so as I don �t have good experience with her at all, but I still believe they are NOT esl resources and as you said - should go to templates section.
Have a great Monday, I am going to celebrate our ice-hockey world champions.Wink

24 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Candies motivate students,too. But we can �t write Ss � name on them. MY students would take the candies instead of diplomas. But.....I teach mainly boys in a technical college. What do I know?

24 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that rewards, stickers and diplomas are not worksheets. They should be sent to the tutorial part.

24 May 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Sylvia:

If number 3 is ruled out some people may wonder why is a picture with � �describe the picture � � not allowed and a picture with � �describe what they are doing � �  to show the present continuous is allowed.   

24 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

This is hard, maybe we should think of criteria and vote via doodle?

Regards

24 May 2010