Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help please!    

help please!

cacucacu
Argentina

help please!

Dear friends around the world: I was wondering if somebody could tell me a job �s name in English. You see, I was dealing with jobs and occupations unit and two of my kids � parents sell houses and buildings. One is the owner of a shop which sells houses and the other just shows houses on sale to future costomers. What do you call these jobs in English?. Thanks in advance.
Love from Argentina.
Natalia

24 May 2010      

zeina monzer
Lebanon

i think it �s "realtor"

24 May 2010     

serene
Greece

An estate agent is a person who helps people buy or sell property.

24 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

I would have said realtor too ... but a realtor sails the land (maybe it includes houses ? I don �t know for sure)

24 May 2010     

zeina monzer
Lebanon

as i know a reatlor sells lands and houses ...

24 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Thanks Zeina ;)
You gave Lamp to my brain ;)

24 May 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Wow! Thanks dear friends you �ve been a great help to me today!!

24 May 2010     

Laly59
Spain

I think it�s salesman if it�s male or saleswoman if it�s female and depending where be  selling, recive different names, like travelling salesman, etc. 

24 May 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Dear friends I looked up in the dictionary the words that you told me and this is what >I have found out
realtor and estate agent both mean the same but realtor is used in American English and estate agent is used in British English.
W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 May 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

I live in Australia and here they are called "real estate agents", the shop being a real estate agency.
Cheers!

25 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

"real state broker" American English ==> here is a link ==> http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos120.htm 

25 May 2010     

1    2    Next >