Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TRAINNINGS... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!    

TRAINNINGS... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

lypau
Mexico

TRAINNINGS... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

hello everybody here!

I am on charged of 3 english teachers in my job and i �m supposed to train them about giving classes and knowledge but i don �t know what to do. can you give some ideas of what to do? or  how to prepare a trainning for them?

please help me!!! Cry

thank you so much!

25 May 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

hi lypau,

Don �t worry! it �s all about breaking it up into steps:
1) Discuss learning objectives and curriculum expectations with the teachers.  What are the students expected to learn (for their specific grade)?  The teachers need to know this.  If you need ideas about curriculum expectations, you can take a look at lots of ESL curriculum expectations from other countries.

Just jump to the parts for each ESL level and see how they �ve divided the curriculum.

2) Provide them with a lesson plan template so that they know how to deliver their lessons.  Simple examples would be...

3) Prepare them with some materials, strategies, and games that you or other teachers have used already.  Direct them to places where they can find their own materials and/or make materials (eslprintables!).

Think about
- pronunciation
- grammar
- reading/writing skills
- listening
- speaking

You can do it!! Learning to teach teachers is a process too... so be patient with yourself and respectful of your new teachers � needs and everything will go fine!

:) Aileen

25 May 2010     

procei
Brazil

I hope this can help you...www.sk.com.br - english made in brazil...most of the articles are in Portuguese, but there are good ones in English...

25 May 2010     

lypau
Mexico

thank you both for your replies!

Hug

25 May 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Users of this site are so willing to share knowlege!

Atsanti85 - I just want to say how impressed I am with your reply to lypau. What a wonderful teacher you are!

25 May 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Four more things to teach (there are so many, but let �s keep it simple for now):

1. learn to teach from other teachers - visit your colleagues lessons, make notes, ask them questions afterwards; you can learn from the best as well as from the worst (from some what to do, from some what to avoid), and observe the reactions of their sts
2. teachers must always come to the lesson prepared and on time (with respect for their sts and their profession - preparation keeps authority, shows and earns respect and provides good material retention)
3. no students are ever too grown-up to play games while learning - so teach your teachers to use games in their lessons - they make interaction more easy and always gives aour sts something to take home (which is not material, but pure knowledge in fun and memorable form)
4. share actively- teachers who want to improve their knowledge should always have workshops - seminars and lectures from you to your trainee teachers are useful, but always finish with a workshop where they put into action what you taught them (if you tell them how to play the hangman game, play one with them and have them play with you and each other - that way it will come easy to them in practice with their sts)

25 May 2010