Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAE Use of English part 5    

CAE Use of English part 5

MarianaC
Argentina

CAE Use of English part 5

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can recommend a website or a book, or point me in the right direction to give my CAE students more practice for Use of English part 5. It �s a relatively new part of the test, so I can find little extra material to give them. I �ve got the "Cambridge Past Papers" books 1 and 2, but we are about to finish them, and the exam is still in 3 weeks � time...
Thanks in advance for any tips you can share! :)

26 May 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi Mariana!
Here are some sites for practice in general:
 Also, if you check www.englishtips.com you can download
books that deal with Use of English.

26 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �d also be interested in extra resources for that part of the exam - being new, there isn �t as much information on it!

What I tend to do, if it helps, is get them to identify potential collocations in reading texts. They have to highlight collocations and note which words have multiple collocations. We also work with collocation dictionaries.

Lindsey

26 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hello Lindsey, I also work with useful expressions - had better, it �s time, no point, on the verge of, to say the least,etc or verbs that present problems in use, suggest, try, etc - and tell them one and they have to use it properly in a sentence. I don �t do this very often but I found they pay more attention while doing it orally than if they have to complete an exercise!

26 May 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions!!! :) Have a good day/evening!

26 May 2010