Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Fonts for Worksheets    

Fonts for Worksheets

tw_karen
Taiwan

Fonts for Worksheets

Hi Guys!

I was just wondering what fonts are safe to use on this site.  I uploaded some worksheets with a cool font (well, I thought it was cool) and when the worksheet appeared, my font had been changed to some "standard" font, though I didn �t download my own worksheet to find out what that font was.  I tried it again with a different font that I thought was a standard (yet cool).  Again, another font came through when I uploaded.
It �s okay.  The information is still there, but it messes up my formatting and people have sent me messages saying that the formatting is off.
Besides Times New Roman and Arial, what other choices do I have that will come through after uploading?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Karen

26 May 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

What I do is this:

I open a text box / square (?) in Power Point, I type the title in the fonts I want (any font I wish) inside that text box / square and then clik right on the text box / square and save it as an image that I insert later in Word...

26 May 2010     

tw_karen
Taiwan

Thank you.  That is a great idea!!!
But is it editable for the other teachers?

26 May 2010     

alien boy
Japan

You can aslo include the font name in your worksheet description along with giving a site where the font can be downloaded.

You will also find lots of other ideas & information via the Forum Search box at the bottom of the home page - just type in �font � & hit enter! There are some fairly thorough explanations & ideas, even in some of the older discussions!

Cheers,
AB

26 May 2010     

tw_karen
Taiwan

Thanks guys!

26 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

When I want to use a very different font which I know won �t be installed in everybody �s computer, I use Wordart. It saves like a picture, but you can do it while you are working i word.

26 May 2010