Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me to grade this essay.    

Please help me to grade this essay.

mourad1O
Morocco

Please help me to grade this essay.

I thought that grading is essential because most teachers have problems grading writing. We can never be the same. That´s why I want to know to what extent can we be close in relation to scoring. Much focus on grammar, vocabulary, and language chunks can´t be the only important things in language. Writing is top of all. Why not give it a chance among those published materials?

Sorry for trouble.

27 May 2010      

stexstme
France

QuestionQuestion
Maybe I could send all my papers from my 4th years , too ??????
 Obviously advanced...;
Sorry for asking , but ... Are you A TEACHER ????????
Sylvie

27 May 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

Are we grading your own work or one of your students � papers?  Either way, the forum is an inappropriate place to request such assistance.  Perhaps individuals would like to help you, but that is their prerogative.  This site is not designed for free grading tips or scores.

Zoe Morosini

27 May 2010     

mourad1O
Morocco

I would have responded  to the request instead of .... But we love to ... because we are knowledgeable... strange.

27 May 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

it is one thing to ask other teachers how to grade an essay and another to ask them to grade it!
in your 1st post, you just included the essay, saying nothing except "please help me to grade this essay" (the title of your post) so obviously most of us thought you were just being lazy!
if however you had clearly explained that you need help to know how to grade an essay - which is totally normal, grading essays is quite hard - then we would have helped you.

well anyway, if you want tips on how to grade an essay, here �s some:
- 1st i always give the objectives clearly to my pupils, so that they know what i �m expecting
for example: the last essays my pupils wrote were about "presenting your favourite movie or TV show". the objectives were the description of the characters, the use of the vocabulary we had seen, the correct use of tenses (present, past), the expression of their opinion...
some objectives are purely grammatical, others rely on the vocabulary, but obviously you also have to look at the structure of the sentences, the link words, the structure of the whole text.
I also always include "originality" in the grades, and it can go from adding a picture to - in this particular case - describing a particular scene and why this scene is important.
- 2nd i always grade the work as a whole, not only looking at what was produced but also looking at the effort the pupil put in his work - if one of my pupils has a lot of problems and improved his/her English a lot compared to other times, i add a bonus point for the extra effort...

have a nice day!
Elodie

27 May 2010