Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > recommended clipart CD/DVD    

recommended clipart CD/DVD

juliag
Japan

recommended clipart CD/DVD

Hi everyone,

I don �t want to tread on anyone �s toes by asking this, and kind of feel like if I can �t find it myself then why should any of you really have to help me, but having spent 2 hours on the internet yesterday looking for a clipart CD/DVD to buy and just feeling more lost at the end of the 2 hours than the start, I was wondering if any of you who wouldn �t mind sharing your brilliant finds could recommend a good clipart collection to me?

Of course it doesn �t have to be CD/DVD format, it could be web-based as well.

What I �m looking for is something:
with a wide variety of images
with images that will appeal to Japanese children and teenagers in particular
that has lots of images of actions (that could be used to illustrated verbs) as well as things
that will let me share the images on worksheets here without any copyright worries
that is not TOO TOO expensive as I will be buying it with my own money

Does anyone know of a collection that they could recommend to me? Or alternatively where I can even find an (online or off) kind of catalogue of what is available? I found it very difficult to find anything at all last night, and certainly couldn �t see any sample images for the ones I could find, and don �t really want to buy without having some idea of the quality and nature of the images.

Thanks in advance for all your help, and sorry, again for this what I feel to be slightly cheeky question.

Have a good Friday and weekend all,
Hugs
Julia

27 May 2010      

Babs1966
France

Sorry, I removed the link as it �s not free !!! when you join to become a member you have to pay !!!

27 May 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi Babs,

Thanks for your answer. I �m finding it so hard to find quality images that I don �t mind paying if it �s not too unreasonable. Could you possibly PM me the link or post it here as I didn �t see it?
Thank you
Julia

27 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello Julia ;)

I found an other which is really free ;)

Hope it helps you

Good day,

Babs

27 May 2010     

plemos
Portugal

Thank you both of you. One for asking the other for being so helpful.Hope I can be of help too, one day
Paula

27 May 2010     

mariaolimpia
Portugal

Hi, julia!

I �ve just sent you a PM.
Hope it helps.

Hugs

27 May 2010     

gsuiris
Japan

I found these sites helpful.  Even if you can �t read Japanese I think you can explore them a bit (mousing over the links often shows the address which often is in English!).
http://eigobatake.x0.com/muryoutop.html
http://www.hisaz.com/sweet/saskusei/free.html

These sites are in English.

If you teach at a public (or private) school they may have some clipart books.  I know my school has a bunch.  You would have to scan them in, or copy the pages, cut them out, and then put them on your worksheet.

This site has a long list of links.

28 May 2010     

Chris Brookes
China

I have used FOTOSEARCH.  It is free and has a great selection of images, clip art and photos.

28 May 2010