Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Saving space    

Saving space

s.lefevre
Brazil

Saving space

Dear collegues,
I�d like to write about a topic but I really don�t want to hurt anybody. Latly there have been more and more enormous pictures in the forum and although they are very cute and it�s a pleasure to see them, I think that we should limitate them to safe some space on this page. Many people ask questions for help and, of course, some people answer, but there is no time for a lot of teachers to read the requests because very soon the question disappear from the first page and some precious help could be lost. I suggest that people use small pictures or send personal messages when the message is ment only for one or two members. What do you think? Please forgive me, I�m thinking more of the new members who need really some help.
A big hug for all of you,
Silvia

24 Nov 2008      

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Although those pictures are lovely, I must say I totally agree with you. Smile I�ve used them sometimes but it�s true they are too big.
Kind regards for everybody!

24 Nov 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I quite agree with you.

Have a good Monday!

24 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I totally agree with you! I reduce the size of my frogs when they are too big and try to use small ones!

24 Nov 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

It is quite pleasant to see a little colour and I am always quite interested in the inventiveness and creativity of artists who originate such incredible graphics.  But in principle I quite agree with you.  Keep the pictures, but keep them small.

24 Nov 2008     

Shaba
Maldives

I agree with Logos

24 Nov 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Eventhough I�m one of those people who use pictures, I couln�t agree more with you all. That�s a very good point.

24 Nov 2008     

flaviatl
Argentina

Dear Silvia,
I totally agree with you. In fact, I was thinking about posting the same message but I didn�t know how to word it so that nobody would get offended.
Your message is nicely put. Well done!

24 Nov 2008     

renca
Czech Republic

Absolutely, Silvia, that�s more than reasonable!

24 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Yeah Silvia..
I was thinking the same..
I once used a big picture in the forum but then became irritated  in the thought of I may hinder smth important but generally I am trying to use small pictures..
So thanks for sharing this thought with us.. animals Animation _ dinamobomb

24 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear s.lefevre,

I agree with you That sometimes messages disappear fast. But It doesn�s seem to me that the size of pictures matters at all. If you carefully look at  the forum you�ll see that the number of posts remain stable, no matter the numbers of answers or size of the messages. What makes a message disappear from your screen are the new posts. In any case you should not complain about the pictures but about the subject of the post.The faster the new posts appears, the less they stay on the screen. So we have to consider what to post, but who can decide on  what can or can�t be posted?

Since we have private messenger, I know that those members who are active on the forum receive private mails asking for help or about doubts that the new members may have. On the other side, some teachers read their requests and answer to them privately. When I�m active on the forum, I receive from 2 to 6 mails daily, and I answer all of them!!! So I have seen that no precious help has been  lost.

Anyways, I have reduced the size of my pictures and I�ll avoid posting them.

24 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >