Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Using Pages on a mac    

Using Pages on a mac

suejm1
Japan

Using Pages on a mac

Does anyone out there use Pages for a Mac. This is the most marvellous software for making prints for esl classes. I wish these could be accepted also. It �s a nightmare when you try to convert these to word documents especially when you are using tables. I �ve already spent hours trying to reformat files in word. Once you �ve used pages you can never go back to word.

29 May 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello Sue

Pages??? hummm, I don �t know, never heard, but I have ever worked with Macs. What exactly does this software do? Well I could google, obviously, but it seems to me that you find it special for our specific work, so I decided to bother you a little, ok? Could you explain it, please?
Hugs
Linda

29 May 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

Hi Sue,
Mac user here too! Tell us what it is about . . . WE would like to know. =)

29 May 2010     

Baadache
Canada

Helloooo,

It � new for me can tell us what is it and how do we use it?

Have a nice day

29 May 2010     

suejm1
Japan

Pages is Apple �s answer to Microsoft Word. When you buy iWork, you get this along with Keynote (equivalent to powerpoint) and Numbers (equivalent to excel). It offers 2 choices when you click on new document word processing or page layout. I always use page layout because it provides you with so much freedom. You can drag images into the document and they just lie on top without you having to format the pictures or objects. It �s really easy to use and I �ve managed to convert a couple of my colleagues to use it. Once you �ve used it a couple of times, it �s really hard to go back to using Word. However, converting a pages file in page layout to a word document isn �t so straightforward unfortunately. I rarely use Word these days so I get frustrated when I have to use it.

30 May 2010     

maayyaa
Slovenia

I use Pages as well and ever since I switched to a Mac I started using this site less often (unfortunately) as I have to work on and redesign all the worksheets I download or have downloaded in the past as they get completely disorganized in Pages. And I totally agree that once you start using Pages or any iWork programs, it �s hard to go back to Office. 

30 Sep 2010