Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > international organisations    

international organisations

morganalin
Portugal

international organisations

Hi people how are you?
I want that u help me to choose the appropriate international organisations to present to my students in class. I have a class aged 17-21 and I have 50h to talk with them about international organisations, which ones do you suggest? And what about videos, films, musics ... things like that...
It �s the first time that I �m teaching them this topic, so I �m a bit lost
thanks a lot in advance for all the help that u can give me

29 May 2010      

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi Smile

Do you want specific organizations? Perhaps you could start with "Greenpeace" and I am sure you can find lots of material and worksheets about that...

29 May 2010     

morganalin
Portugal

Yes, I want specific organizations. I thought about Greenpeace but I �ve already given a topic about environment and I talked about Greenpeace at that time.

29 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi! What about Medicins sans frontieres? You �ll find a lot of info and videos in their website. You can also watch The Constant Gardener, or try to get some episodes belonging to the 10th season of ER, where some of its characters travel to Congo on a humanitarian mission. Regards from Spain, 
 Olga

29 May 2010     

amyi
France

What about Amnesty International or the World Wildlife Fund for Nature?  I suggest that you contact these organisations because they may be able to send you some information or even a teaching pack.  Worth a try!

29 May 2010     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Red Cross?

29 May 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

What about the UNICEF?

29 May 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

What about UNESCO?  There are many different things you will be able to work on with that.  Youtube has several interesting videos on the subject.

29 May 2010     

mariamit
Greece

All of the orginizations already mentioned are great ideas. I would also suggest UNESCO- since they �re young adults and  OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe - the oldest orginizations dealing with human rights). Also take a look at this list:

29 May 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

Another suggestion with some links: OXFAM. Hope they may be useful!

29 May 2010     

morganalin
Portugal

Thanks a lot dear colleagues for all your suggestions. I �m going start to find information right away
Have a great weekend

29 May 2010     

1    2    Next >