Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question    

Question

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Question

Hello everybody,

yesterday one of my wss was reported because of two things one of which was the border from �http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/misc/editable/borders.html. The other problem was the watermarked clipart, which is something that I do understand. But I would like to know whether I am allowed to use these borders or not. These borders are free to download for teaching purposes but I am not sure whether I can use the worksheets with them at this website. I have already created two more worksheets and I don �t know if I can upload them. Can you give me an answer, please? �Thank you

1 Jun 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Here �s what I found on the website where you find the border you used:

All products � 2005-2009, SparkleBox Teacher Resources Limited (www.sparklebox.co.uk)

You are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the material provided

� you give SparkleBox credit, acknowledging www.sparklebox.co.uk as the source
� it is not for commercial use
� the digital versions of our products are not altered, transformed or built upon in any way

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others these licence terms.

Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from SparkleBox.

If you have any questions about these conditions, please feel free to contact us.

so i guess you must explain in the description of your ws where you found your border. but just to make sure, I would contact the website owner if i were you!

have a nice day/evening
Elodie

1 Jun 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Thank you, Elodie, for your quick answer.�

have a nice evening.Hug

1 Jun 2010     

dennismychina
China

The borders are free to download and use as Elodie pointed out so that shouldn�t be a problem. However if you have used watermarked clipart, that is a problem. A watermark means that the clipart isn�t free (it has a copyright) and therefore you may not use it in material uploaded here. It is in fact illegal to use it at all. (with the watermark, that is).

Enjoy.

1 Jun 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I believe if you acknowledge the source, there shouldn �t be a problem. That �s how I understand  the Terms of use of SparkleBox.

1 Jun 2010