Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hair cut?    

hair cut?

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Jayho
My mother won �t come near anyone anymore if you know what I mean. Wink

@Apodo
According to my dictionary the expression "pudding basin haircut" is British English which I usually prefer. You Ozzies use a lot of BE, don �t you? No wonder I suppose when you look at the history of Australia...

@Bruce
I thought that was clear anyway, because we were talking about haircuts, but thank you very much anyway for adding the translation of the word "Schnitt". ;))

6 Jun 2010     

PMaryAnn
Spain

Lol!  My husband�s got a great photo with one of these..  

It�s most commonly known simply as �a basin�in British English.

6 Jun 2010     

Baadache
Canada

Hellooo,

I can add this site for further information:

6 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

GREAT discussion - hair style and, at the same time, we are learning a lot about other languages.
So, here goes my piece to share; in Portuguese, we call it malga ( LOL - this is funny, because, not only you can �t see , anymore, such hair styles, but also, we lost our " MALGAS" - this is a kind of old word, nowadays we would say "tigela" or, much more rafin� "ta�a". But "malga" is something we don �t use anymore, though I still go on feeding my dogs and cats in their "malgas", I would never say I put our soup, on the table, in "malgas ".
But, If I saw a teen with  such a hair, I would say.
It seems he had his hair cut with a "malga".

Thanks a lot, just to finish, one thing, I �ve just remembered.
I �d love to see a photo of my dear Lady with such a hair style. I �m not joking, seriously.
What if we all post some of our old photos here ( or in the caf�, ok,ok,ok, )
May be I can find such one, or, who knows, even worse.
Linda

6 Jun 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Growing up we called it a bowl cut.

6 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2