Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > World Cup class: HELP ME    

World Cup class: HELP ME

D@N! P
Brazil

World Cup class: HELP ME

Hello, Dear teachers.

I really need help. I have to plan and to create material for an hour class about the World Cup to my teen students (10 to 13 year old). But I have no idea how to make it. I really don�t know what contents I can teach besides vocabulary related to it. I really want it to be a nice class. I was thinking about more physical activities and games.

Can you give me suggestions and nice ideas? Maybe I class plan to help me?

Thanks

6 Jun 2010      

arantza4
Spain

Hi there,

I was thinking about it and this is what I came up with. You could tell them to create some posters with the pictures of the players from different countries, that is one poster per national team. Then they could use CAN/CAN �T, superlative and comparative adjectives related to their physical abilities, THERE IS/THERE ARE, use of past and future tenses to talk about past and future results, prepositions of movement to describe their games. I �m sure they know a lot about football so they have a lot of information offline and online too!!

Hope it helps!

6 Jun 2010     

estefy_busso
Argentina

Hello Dani, I sent you a PM!

7 Jun 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

You �re in luck! There have been several posts on this topic in the forum over the last few weeks.

You should check this site or this one. Here is a world cup calendar which Baiba brought to my attention (Thank you Baiba!). And this is the Football Crazy book from the Grammarman website. (Thank-you Brian) Then there is the Timesavers Football Resource Booklet from our very helpful friend Aftab. ( A BIG thank you to you,  Aftab!) That reminds me, you should take a look at this thread (thank you Sulany!)

Good Luck!

7 Jun 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

Check here

7 Jun 2010     

D@N! P
Brazil

Thank you very much!

8 Jun 2010