Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW COULD BE!?    

HOW COULD BE!?

Bahrain
Bahrain

HOW COULD BE!?

HOW SAD TO SEE YOUR STDENTS DONT APPRACTIATE ALL YOUR EFFORT!!

8 Jun 2010      

Graduated
Turkey

:( Yeah! And we are still trying to teach english with a huge enthusiasm..

8 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Yes, I know. But then again - there are always those who do appreciate it and whose lives you touch without even being aware of it... Cherish that and be proud of being able to make a difference!

8 Jun 2010     

kmochniak
Poland

Yeah, that �s why I �m addicted to this site:):):)

8 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I didn �t mean to say it like that but even some people here don �t appreciate our efforts. I had a printable yesterday that took me a full day to make, 65 people got it and 3 people found it worthy of a thank you (27 downloads = no "thank you"), two of them I know well. Now THAT is sad or is it just really bad manners?

And, I was teaching a story about death in my German class today and a bird flew into the classroom, flew across the room towards/against the other small window and was dead a few minutes later.

Oh, wait a minute, that makes me think, maybe I did bring death over the people that downloaded my ws and they couldn �t say "thanks."

Bahrain, don �t be sad, "dum spiro spero" or as long as I live I shall not give up hope.

Regards

8 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I strongly agree with anitarobi.

Regina, what does a dying bird in your classroom have to do with this topic?? I really don �t get that - sorry for being so stupid. ;))

BTW, most people don �t think about how long we �ve spent making our wss. Either that, or they just don �t care...

I usually get a lot of THANK YOUs and in addition some very nice comments, too. Not from everyone, of course, but I think we just shouldn �t expect too much - neither from our ss nor from our fellow teachers!

8 Jun 2010     

hamza youssef kammoun
Tunisia

Very well said, anita, thanks a lot. But what topolina said is also the exact reality, teachers are always sacrificing for the sake of others (students & teachers).  So don �t worry dear Bahrain and try to bring as much fun as you can to your lessons.
Have a good day!

8 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hi, Bahrain!
Don �t get so disappointed...Anita has said it all: After all, let �s face it...Isn �t that what happens in the world generally? You can �t win them all...Be glad for those you have touched and try to learn from those who don �t appreciate your work...Maybe you �ll improve your  weaknesses, or, if you see that they are people who generally aren �t very grateful to anyone, you will gain new confidence in your work through those who do appreciate it...
P.S.: Topolina, I think Blunderbuster �s story is somehow connected to her "wacko" post yesterday(http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=20064&page=1)...and I quote from Blunderbuster �s today �s comment "maybe I did bring death over the people that downloaded my ws and they couldn�t say "thanks.""...But, then again, only she knowsWink

8 Jun 2010     

Bahrain
Bahrain

thanks all but i am really sad because of my Ss,,

think of how i spend on searching here or making useful activities and teaching them , treat them us my childern , but they started spreading rumors around the school about me and it was just lying. i wont forget that ever! it makes me like evil.
i �m lucky i trust myself and it wont effect me ever but it was hurtful. it hurts me aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

9 Jun 2010