Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Shouldn ´t we prepare some spoken drills?    

Shouldn ´t we prepare some spoken drills?

tathyarsh
India

Shouldn ´t we prepare some spoken drills?

8 Jun 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????

8 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

http://www.readiowa.org/ESL/eslchants.html

It ´s probably not a good idea to stress spoken drills too much.
It can be good for practicing pronunciation but shouldn ´t be the focus of a lesson.
Nowadays, I think most people agree that teaching English should be for meaningful communication, rather than knowing how to say perfectly "the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain"

There are lots of members who put speaking cards and board games and activities on here which are very useful!

8 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

Thanks for the link atsanti85 ... it ´s a bit funny though those sentences.
We have those in French too (Ton th� t ´a-t-il ot� ta toux? =Has your Tea stopped your cough?)

Good evening Wink

Babs
PS: Thanks to Bruce I noticed a typo which I fixed and added a translation to my french sentence.

8 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hey Babs!
I didn ´t know this one! ( Ton th� t ´a-t-il ot� ta toux ?) Dear old me only uses " Un chasseur sachant chasser doit savoir chasser sans son chien. � ( For our colleagues here to practise some French!)
Btw, Never knew the French for tongue twister!!!!LOL
Hugs
Sylvie

9 Jun 2010