Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Which book would you recommed    

Which book would you recommed

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

Which book would you recommed

Hi there,

Just two quick questions. Which book would you recommend to use when having to prepare your students to take the FCE?

I never use song with my young students but as I have been reading during these months you usually use song with them as a way of learning. Could you please tell me the name of songs you usually use in your teaching and that work well? I will download them from e-mule later.

Thanks in advance.

10 Jun 2010      

kmochniak
Poland

For Present Continuous: Tom �s Diner and Lemon Tree

For time: Rock Around the Clock

For days of the week: Friday I �m in Love

For days of the week and professions (but it �s more like a break, because I use it with intermediate or advanced Students): It was on Monday Morning when gasman came to call (it �s a veeery old song by Flanders and Swann)

I also use a song by Avril Lavigne to train Past Simple but I can �t remember the title just now. It begins: He was a boy, she was a girl, could it be any more obvious?�

To be very honest, you can adapt most songs somehow.

Hope to be helpful!

Kasia

10 Jun 2010     

pauguzman
Argentina

If you have fCE students you have to use the books recommended by Cambridge since students have to answer some oral questions about them and also there is a written part about these books. Check the Cambridge web page. I remembered that last year we read The Phantom of the Opera and Great Expectations
Good luck

10 Jun 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

I couldn �t agree more with Paula, the two set texts for the FCE this year are the same ones, those are the ones I use with my FCE students.
Good luck

Carina

10 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

:) The song Kasia is thinking of is "sk8er boi"

10 Jun 2010     

HARIM
Morocco

For the FCE, I suggest Progress to First Certificate by Leo Jones
and for teaching with songs,you can have a look here http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=241293#thetop

I hope these will help
Cheers

11 Jun 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Carina,
this year the texts are different. http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/timetables/2010/fce.html

11 Jun 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

I use Ready for FCE. I love it. There is an answer key at the back of the student �s book so they can mark the grammar and comprehension themselves. (Good for homework tasks that are independent). There is also a workbook that goes with it if you want extra, however I find that that the coursebook is enough mostly!

11 Jun 2010