Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help! Looking for a book! (Vygotskian Approaches...) + a word    

help! Looking for a book! (Vygotskian Approaches...) + a word

subzeroking
Iran

help! Looking for a book! (Vygotskian Approaches...) + a word

I �m looking for a free ebook of this title:
"

"Vygotskian Approaches to Second Language Research"

by
James P. Lantolf, Gabriela Appel

I searched the net but to no avail! Confused So if anyone can help, I �d be most grateful. It �s rather expensive and even if I were to buy it somehow, it would take ages to get here. (if ever!) FYI, I �ve already searched all the libraries and book shops here.

------------
since I �m posting anyway...
for the life of me I can �t think of a commonly used word for a person (or a child) who eats a lot. I know "glutton" or "gluttonous", but they sound very formal to me! (or am I mistaken?!) I mean, I rarely hear them being used unless it �s a formal or an intellectual situation.

11 Jun 2010      

lshorton99
China

Don �t know about the first but we would say �pig � or �greedy piggy � for the second!

Lindsey

11 Jun 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, I can �t help you with the Vygotsky book, but it �s nice to see his name pop up here.

re �glutton �: I don �t believe the word is as formal as you think, but if you �re looking for something between informal and downright insulting you could do worse than recall the name of the Scottish villain in the �Austin Powers � movies Evil Smile.  I would �ve suggested �pig � as well but I �ve got too much respect for those much-maligned creatures.

Alex

11 Jun 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

guttler, gormandizer, overeater, �gobbler; cormorant; �heavy eater; fill-belly; �guzzler; surfeiter; trencher-man; wolf eater; �voracious eater; a large gross feeder; food buff, �a gross feeder; �� piggy eater, �pecker, chow hound; table finisher, chow hound; table finisher
� Am. foodaholic
� Br. gannet�
� vulgar -� greedy-guts
� rare_ guttler; helluo

11 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

To be honest, most people would refer to such people as a gannet, or just simply a pig.

11 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vygotskyan-Approaches-Language-Research-Learning/dp/1567500250

It �s on Amazon if that helps

11 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

A hog

11 Jun 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Greedy guts!

12 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Apodo is spot on for Australia - we simply use greedy guts for informal occassions for people we know really well (family, good friends) or when talking about someone who is not in earshot.  The more polite version (for colleagues etc) is big eater.

12 Jun 2010     

dturner
Canada

Greedy guts is less common in Canada but understood.  It tends to be used more for children I feel.  A "pig" if probably what I �d say.

12 Jun 2010     

kodora
Greece

Check your PM

12 Jun 2010