Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A song with "gonna" pronunciation for "going to"    

A song with "gonna" pronunciation for "going to"

jhyland002
Thailand

A song with "gonna" pronunciation for "going to"

I am going to spend some time teaching the students the pronunciation of gonna for the future tense Going To.

Does anyone know of a decent song with this pronunciation?

Thanks in advance!

12 Jun 2010      

yanogator
United States

It �s over 60 years old, but "I �m Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair" by Rodgers and Hammerstein uses it repeatedly.

Bruce

12 Jun 2010     

elaininha65
Brazil

There is a song by Gloria Estefan called the rhythm �s gonna get you. Most of the structures are with gonna... Take a look.

12 Jun 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi!

Take a look at Brunohero �s printables (or it might be brunohero with a small "b"), I �m sure he uploaded a couple of songs with the future including gonna either this week or last.

12 Jun 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

I suggest Bryan Adams "We �re gonna win", my ss love it! If you need the lyrics and the song let me know.

12 Jun 2010     

amyi
France

What about "I �m gonna be" by The Proclaimers.  Well I like it!

12 Jun 2010     

giovannademartin
Brazil

"Drive" by the Cars (and many other singers...) (Who �s gonna tell you when it �s too late? Who �s gonna tell you things aren �t so great?) I love it!!!!!

"Who �s gonna ride your wild horses" by U2.

kisses from Brazil!!

12 Jun 2010     

englishatwork.com.br
Brazil

What about The Beatles � "you �re gonna lose that girl"?
short, straight to the point and, well, it �s always good listening toThe Beatles.

18 Jun 2010